Monday, June 15, 2009

What I'm going to do instead of trying to work out the intricacies of Blogger...

...is post my comment to another on my own blog space. So, in reponse to 'cinema(tom)odernism's entry, partly on Flannery O'Connor, I say this:

"Referring to how you say African Americans are painfully underrepresented in Flannery O’Connor’s Wise Blood, I am in complete agreement. It is disheartening to think of O’Connor’s attempt to project a semi-documentarian style of Gothic literature as excluding very present members of the society it portrays. I think there are very curious distinctions made by the author upon the types of people she wants represented - It seems Flannery O’Connor is happy to critique religion in a world fully entrenched in segregationism, which lays sadly untouched by her."



No comments:

Post a Comment