Monday, June 15, 2009

If this wasn't a vaguely academic blog...

I would be venting unprintable anger over Vox, especially Vox not letting me sign up to post a comment, something I really didn't care to do in the first place. I went through the process, giving my name, fake D.O.B., etc. typing in an expletive password (if you guess, you can use my account), and still, Vox encountered an unexpected problem. What I am having trouble comprehending is that the moronic, unreliable, time-wasting enterprise would be able to predict their problems in advance, because I'm under the impression that Vox is one of a breed of "special" programs that was dropped on the head at birth. Repeatedly. (This complaint is not meant to offend anyone but the people responsible for the travesty of modern communication that is Vox.)

So, as a consequence, I am going to post yet another comment on my own blog. This one's a shout out to Claire:

"Your interest in how Ozu would portray our modern times intrigued me, for I felt that the crux of Ozu’s statement on modernity is how there is little time left to look after tradition. I think the best starting point to your query may lie in whether or not you believe our modern-day Western society still concerns itself with tradition."


And a message to Claire: stay off the Vox

No comments:

Post a Comment